Saturday, April 19, 2003

quality sights and sounds doth a happy woman make:

accidentally delightful sloth-

Caught Matthew Herbert's Big Band Project performing live on Gilles Peterson's show when ditching class on Wednesday. The set included some Herbert classics and a few tracks from the forthcoming Good Bye Swingtime. Man, can't wait to get my hands on it =D

Hollywood, Hong Kong [���䦳�Ӳ�] -

Directed by Fruit Chan [���G], prolly the only indie director in Hong Kong and the man who brought us Made in Hong Kong [����s�y] and The Longest Summer [�h�~�Ϫ�S�O�h]
H,HK is gritty, it's low-brow, it's dark and farcical in the way that only Hong Kong can be. Fucking brilliant.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

or is it dead woman walking?

Senior Ball dilemmas are making me sick to the stomach. everyone in my year has been really hyping it up since the tix went on sale.
My situation hasn't changed since the last time I whined, and is not likely to within the next two weeks [may 2nd being the big day]
been googleing around and the blatantly aweful truth is that EVERYONE goes. If I don't go => am social outkast. If I do go => who the hell am I going with?!
Wish I had the "Sod all ya sad American buggers" sassiness, but unfortunately shy wallflower would be a desciption closer to the truth.

To add insult to injury, when i asked my bro if he would accompany his eternally pitiful dateless sis, he gave me the dirtiest "no chance in hell even if you shoot me" look. Aaaarrrr! What are siblings any good for???



No comments: