Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Misc
 
Am feeling terribly homesick after calling my grandad to say Happy Chinese B' day this morning (his real / Western calendar b'day is this Thur). The whole family was getting ready to go to Koki Kiku (thx KK for correcting me), the new Japanese place that took Benkay's place in Landmark. Wish I were home :((
Got inquired on my relationship / bf / prospective marriage status. Arg. Sorry to disappoint, but unless otherwise stated, parental bodies and their parental bodies may always assume I'm single.
 
Fox's new reality TV show Hell's Kitchen starring Gordan Ramsay is doing an open casting call in town. Am tempted to go just to meet Ramsay. I still remember Vicky Tuck (prinicpal of CLC, my high school) bashing him away at prayers for being such a horrible man swearing non-stop at his apprentice chefs on telly back in erm, '98 or '99. Am drooling just at the thought of his apply pie that my family had tasted at his restaurant in London a few years back.
 
Currently reading Salam Pax: The Clandestine Diary of an Ordinary Iraqi. It's a collection of Salam Pax's blog entries on his blog Dear Raed. Mind-bloggling and often poignantly human. Imagine trying to get the latest Massive Attack and Radiohead records and watching VH1 to cheer yourself up on the eve of an all-out, impending war? It's so out of this (Western / American) world...

No comments: