Monday, September 27, 2004

Exciting week!

1. Mid Autmn Festival (tomorrow)
Hadn't had mooncakes at an appropriate location (ie. on this side of the planet) for... 12 years!
That is, with full moon, paper lanterns, plastic lanterns (in the shape of Hello Kitty's, Powerpuff Girls etc etc) and mooncakes of all varieties (besides the traditional lotus seed paste ones, we now have "ice skin", which I've never had, but suspect it's mochi-like; green tea; date paste; sesame paste; Starbucks (coffee flavoured?! urgh) ; and Hagen Daaz ice-cream ones) ^o^
Want to catch the giant lanterns exhibit at the Victoria Park.

2. 2046 (9/29)
I won't rant on, seeing how the topic is taking up the bandwidths in China / HK these days.
The posters alone send sparks down the spine:


[Fingers-crossed: will or won't I get to meet William Chang Suk Ping, art director for Happy Together & In the Mood for Love???]

3. National Day for People's Republic of China (10/1)
Is something that sort of exists in my mind but never acknowledged, since I've never physically been in Hong Kong, in October, in the seven years that HK's been handed back to its Mamaland. Oh yes, we are part of the PRC now, as gaudy as the name of my country sounds, I have to accept it.
On the bright side, I'll get to see HK fireworks, which I haven't seen in years. HK fireworks are nothing like fireworks anywhere else in the world. They are gargantuan, and no one else gets to show fireworks with the fantastic backdrop of Victoria Harbour at night! :) Am looking forward to seeing the big smiley pattern this year, a first in HK fireworks history.

No comments: