Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Movie magick:

Woah. Still mildly star-dazed from meeting two heavy-weight names in the HK film industry today. Thanks to Auntie Linda, sister to Vincent Kok Tak-Chiu (comic actor / director / producer) , I got to meet Hai Chung-Man, of art direction / costume & production design fame in hits like Three Extreme: Dumplings, Golden Chicken I & II, and erm... The Twins Effect @_@ [that trashy vampire movie with Twins?! I guess ppl have to make $ one way or another]

Half way through the meeting, Peter Chan Ho-Sun walked in (I was sitting in the conference room of HIS production co. afterall) I was even briefly introduced to the director of Comrades: Almost a Love Story and He'a Woman, She's a Man. I even caught sight of thick scripts for upcoming projects sitting on the table: Perhaps Love, a musical of some sort (wonder who will be the lead singers?), and Waiting. In today's quality-film-starved HK, I'm sure I am not the only person waiting to see these in cinemas.

Hope this won't be the end of the story... when when when will it be my turn to break into the movie-makers' hall of fame?
----------------------------------------------------------------


Finally.
Gonna see 2046 tonight, as I'm done with mad porfolio compiling, interviewing, making calls and all other job-hunting errands for the day.

For a sneak preview, I hopped over to TST to see some costumes and props used in the movie, on show at a local mall.


Bai Ling's cheongsam, worn by Zhang Ziyi; Carina Lau's paper-like android costume


Props for Mo-Wan's makeshift study in Room 2047

No comments: