Monday, November 22, 2004

Growing up and Selling out?

UPDATE: [11/24] Wahaha. Christie's actually retracted their offer and filled the opening with someone else, since I took two whole long weeks to tell them I'd take the offer. *Phew!* I've been spared from corporate slavery!

One reason to make this legit: I put on 5 lbs since I started my intership. Imagine what will happen if I work there for 2 years...-> 80 lbs of extra blubber =o


Want to die at the prospect of having to wear a suit, or any article of clothing that can make me look like an OL (Office Lady) for the remainder of my living years. As of now my alma mater hasn't yet taken me back to the womb of her endless corridors as an employee. Which means I'd have to accept Christie's offer, my one and only in the past 6 months, and stay in HK, servicing people with too much money to know what to spend it on.

Say goodbye to idealism and wave hello to cruel reality, CY.

In uni profs taught kids like me to look forward into the future and do great things that benefit many. Now I'm gonna have to learn to look backwards (as if I don't do that often enough already) and start studying old, antiquated, sometimes dilapidated things that only a small minority appreciates.

No comments: