Wednesday, December 01, 2004

There's bad, but here's worse

They ain't telling tall tales when they say you gotta be careful what you wish for, 'cos you might just get it. A few weeks ago I babbled something to my mum about becoming an apprentice cook to a friend of her friend, a well-known local DJ / food critic / celeb chef / columnist; then all of a sudden, I magically find myself working as a programme assistant at a major HK radio station this morning. Little did I realise how I walked away from a mildly frustrating Office Space type situation at Christie's, straight into radio production hell.

I got myself into this mess, and I can't blame anyone but myself for it. Let's see how, or if, I'd ever get myself out of it. The silver lining to this cloud is that I might, if I'm still alive (not skinned and boiled alive) by April, get to go report about my boss's insane attempt at the Marathon des Sables, a 250 km crosscountry marathon in the Sahara desert. Moral of the story? Blessings almost ALWAYS come mixed.

No comments: