Saturday, July 16, 2005

Down with flu:

The sub-zero office AC has finally taken its toll. Maybe it's the meatlocker cold, maybe it's povery-inflicted malnutrition, maybe it's my Norma-no-mate loneliness, anyway my immunity caved in at the beginning of the week. First it was pains and aches in strange places (Armpit? What am I supposed to make of that? Breast cancer? When I have no boobs to speak off?), then it was the constant chills (Who wears a down vest to bed on a 25'C night?) Last night was spent curled up in bed in some quasi-foetal double-bent position, watching Team America: World Police, so I could be distracted from my aching bowels.

I now feel better, but am also restricted to a 4 block radius of my apt, for fear of fainting in public places (like the filthy NYC Subway, god forbid) sans medical insurance. As a 13th-hour measure I finally submitted the application paperwork for low-income health insurance, so hopefully I won't be in such a position ever again. *sigh* the destituteness of art educators.... now I know why they call us "starving artists".

*Now the good news* - I made it into the final cut for the Tony Oursler installation's spot. [see 6/29 entry] Apparently Marketing decided I had trendy glasses, and that they will reach the right target audience (read: hipsters). The ad's supposed to air on NY-area CBS at some point... more details to follow.

No comments: