Sunday, January 26, 2003

Big shout to Jenn: HAPPY 21st!!
That was some crazy partying last night. Mucho dodgy drunken dancing + giggling involved.
Jen, Mike, Joyce + Soohyun: mercy buckets for being such brilliant partners in crime. The plan to get Jenn hammered was executed seamlessly ;)
-----------------------------------------------

I should stop watching Sex and the City so often. Is very very bad influence for it brought out the shameless side of me last night, after a mere 2 drinks. My usual self, the shy Princess of Decorum, was nowhere to be seen. I can't tell if the thick-skinned audacity was substance-induced, or if I'm getting older quicker than I realised and had lost all sense of humility. For the first time ever, I asked for a bloke's number.

The minute I walked up I realised I was making a mistake. From a distance, the blurred vision (from my contacts and drinks) made the guy look much better . Oh god. He saw me. Was too late to turn back.
"Excuse me, do you think I can have your number?" Oh god oh god what on earth was I doing.
"Erm..." Long ever-lasting silence. "That's very forward. I prefer to have a conversation first." Someone please bury me.
After an eternity and a half of awkwardness, Random Bloke reluctantly gave me his name and number, but I was too nervous and regretful to remember much of anything (for he is no looker upon closer inspection). My wimpy self decided to make a quick escape with some lame excuse about getting a pen.

Shameless behaviour ensued. After arriving at the club still engulfed in the crappy mood of "what was I thinking", I wanted to hit the dancefloor with my mates. Too bad everyone else was busy drinking. Out of nowhere, a studly white man asked me to dance. With "oh what the fuck", off I went. Is it the feature-enhancing darkness? the vast improvement over the last blunder? my low self esteem?
Good Looking Man was unfortunately also dodgy and too touchy-feely for comfort. To my aghast, the slimey man was an MBA student from my school. Aaaah! Somebody save my soul. What if I run into him at school? With that horrific thought I broke off in search of my friends.

I couldn't stop thinking about my gran's words of caution on saying no to men: "Don't be a soft-shell crab." Am I an over-aggressive alpha female crab? a soft-shell crab? �j�h��? �*o��? Aaaaaah. I'll shut up and stop boring you to bits.

No comments: