Sunday, August 31, 2003

Week-long London / Edinburgh sugar high...

is just what a depressed + dejected girl needs. Too bad it was so shortlived. Now if I can gather any remaining traces of my willpower and finish uni right and proper....
-----------------------------------------

I heart summer in London:

Hermione treated me to a production of A Midsummer Night's Dream at the Open Air Theatre in Regent Park. It must have been five or six years since I last went to a theatre. I laughed and stayed awake throughout (!) in spite of mild jet lag and the chilly evening. If only Shakespeare was half as funny or entertaining in high school...
-----------------------------------------

Sugar dosage + chick flick therapy for two neurotic, unemployed single girls:

Mon: Starbucks cheesecake + caramel crunch + Shakespearian romantic comedy for a touch of culture
Tues: Patisserie Valerie 6" choco mousse / tiramisu birthday cake + Kissing Jessica Stein
[gotta love that movie...who needs men when you can have a sensitive funny caring GF and steamy lesbo action?]
Weds: Lemon tart and fruit tart from Paul + Sex and the City + Chocolat
Thurs: Paul's meringue tart for brekkie :p
Fri: Tea at Plaisir du Chocolat @ Edinburgh. Their rummy fruit chocolate gateaux and almond chocolate pear tart are the Final Words on chocoholism. White peach ice tea is the best ice tea I've ever had in my life. Pulpy juicy white peach + peach tea infusion. Peace of mind.
Post dinner dessert at The Elephant House. Apparently where J.K.Rowling used to write Harry Potter, back in the days. Hot chocolate with mountains of whipped cream and marshmallows, summer berries flan.
Sat: Lunch at Hadrian's Brasserie, Edi. Lemon tart + dark chocolate tart.
Dinner at La Creperie de Hampstead. Oh my what have I been missing out on??? The creperie at school is nulle compared to this. Lemon juice + Honey crepe; Hazelnut crunch + Belgian choco + cream crepe......aaaaaah.

The aftermath is of course, an obvious increase in my girth. Oh well. Lifting 30 odd boxes to my new dorm should work it off =P

No comments: