Monday, October 27, 2003

Botany through photography:

Have acquired unnecessary bundle of exotic blooms for photo project. (I'm photographing geometric patterns and arrangements that occur in natural and manmade things). Am happy cos I have pretty flowers:




Star of Bethlehem, Ornithogalum arabicum

These are very, very cool. The flower buds sort of sprout out from the central inverted-pear-pineconey blob, tearing the blob apart as they bloom into a ball of flowers. The small white flowers smell sweeeet too.




Blue Delphinium

These have a crazy deep blue / purple hue when the flowers mature. Right now my bunch looks pale violet cos all the deep coloured flowers fell off. The flowers have crinkly tails, where the subtly sweet nectar sits :d

(Author's note:
My parents did not raise me as a hippy flower-eating child; I just eat anything edible-looking that's in my way.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaaaah! Just found out that these teeny weeny little red spiders are eating my beloved ickle chocolatey plants away....
get your filthy little feet off my plants you.... *goes to power hose / half-drowning plants*