Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Puta...

Want to die after receiving the contract for the Met's internship. For a meagre salary of US$22,000 per annum, as per 50 35-hour work weeks, I receive:

- no health insurance
- no paid holidays
- no pension plan
- no housing assistance (!!!!)

Which basically makes NYC-living close to impossible, as my apartment search has revealed that I need to:

- have an annual salary 40 times my monthly rent [av. rent costs approx. $1000-$1400]
- or have a guarantor who lives in the Tri-State area who makes more than 80 times my monthly rent.

I might as well go live on the streets in a cardboard box. What oh what did I get myself into? WTF?! Even the MFA in Boston, a regional second-tier museum, offers better terms. Prestige doesn't feed empty wallets or stomachs.

No comments: