Friday, April 01, 2005

Unintentional sci-fi-comedie-noir in the kitchen:


Blue grey goo batter
Note to self: Do NOT use frozen blueberries for pancakes EVER AGAIN.

In a gleeful bout of euporia after a meeting with my freelance project bosses that went surprisingly well, I ambitiously decided to make blueberry pancakes, with a Food and Wine recipe that I had cut out at Yao's, at 6.30 pm as a late-brunch-carb reward to myself. I should have known better. Six months out of the kitchen, my hard-earned ingredient improvisation intuition and pancake-flipping skills simply vanished without a trace. Must hone my cooking fast, so that I can throw a big dinner party when I land a job and find an apartment of my own.


the benign intentions Vs. the extraterrestrial looking result
*sigh*
Actually, the results were suprisingly palatable. If you ignore their appearance.


The Attack of Intergalactic Space Turds

No comments: