Thursday, June 23, 2005

Scatter Brain-dead

~ Food-induced homesickness:
I am re-living summer '03, when I had the most fantastic time in Lucca, Italy, but missed home sorely as I couldn't find any Asian food whatsoever. Maybe it's just Upper East Side / the Met's neighbourhood, but where are all the cheapo Asian eateries and food trucks hiding? Even ghetto Hardford, Connecticut, where my bro lives and where there is absolutely no retail and no supermarkets in the city, has Vietnamese and Thai food trucks.
Chinatown is a good 25 min ride on the subway, but even the pickings there are slim - ie. I yet to find a good grocer / restaurant. Am determined to venture out to Flushing in Brooklyn, the massive and so-damn-far Asian immigrant enclave this weekend to find cheap authentic Chinese munches.

~ Have same glasses as boss:
My department supervisor just noted that she has the same glasses as me. I have purple ones, she has blue ones. I'm taking this as an auspicious omen that I will go far in the museum field =)

~ Goings on in the city:
Mental notes - the Renegade Craft Fair this weekend in Brooklyn, and the New York Asian Filmfest.
Must also exploit my employee ID at the following locations: Little Boy show @ Japan Society, Frick Collection, the Whitney, Cooper Hewitt Design Museum, all within a 1.5 mile radius of where I work.

No comments: