Wednesday, June 08, 2005

v.v.v.v. busy

... setting up new life. Furniture costs burning a big fat ugly blackhole in my wallet. NYC crazy sweltering hot. Air conditioning in apartment not functionning as well as it should. Still living out of boxes and sleeping on the floor as I try to assemble furniture. But I love every bit of my job so far.

It's most likely because I'm still in Orientation, which is basically two weeks of behind-the-scenes tours, talks and lectures. NYC in the summer is also a 180-degree-flip from its norm, a bit like a city that's had a facelift: people actually smile, and I get to picnic in leafy Central Park everyday for lunch. Have also discovered a handy fact - my employee ID will now theoretically allow me free admission to all museums in the world, for the duration of my internship. A small perk as consolation to earning minimal wage and falling into the low income catagory :p

No comments: