Sunday, February 02, 2003

londinium etc:

-gossip-

B-list Cantopop starspotting: Miriam Yeung ���d�_ shopping at Harvey Nic's Foodmarket. She seemed to be on holiday with her family. The girl was actually not bad-looking in real life, prolly because she was fully made up, but hell she was short and skinny. I'm not a fan of hers so I didn't really look, but my mum was being rather unsubtle about the whole 8ing and almost made us miss the elevator.

-unfashionably late...-

1. Arrival caused by slippery runway at Heathrow. God I thought the English are used to snow showers. Apparently not, as the Tube and local train services were stopped, leaving the masses stranded in the Capital.
2. Departure [flight scheduled at 6:55 am] caused by:
i) 5:45 my oversleeping
ii) 6:00 Heathrow Express getting cancelled in event of heavy rain (?!!!! now this is getting ridiculous)
iii) 6:07 the need to stop by an ATM as I did not have enough cash on me to "fly taxi" ['scuse the Chinglish]
iv) 6:10 my panic as time was running out, and where I promptly forgot the PIN number for my credit card
v) 6:15 the need to beg the very very nice taxi driver to take me to Heathrow in spite of my lack of $$$
vi) 7:00 the gate for the flight was still not open
vii) 8:00 the pilot took forever to announce that the emergency door was faulty and needed to be replaced
viii) 11:00 the flight finally took off

-anti-wrinkle cream overdose?-

got carded when purchasing the 24 hour Party People DVD, rated 18 and over. The sales asked for my ID in all seriousness. He must have been really stoned, or severely short-sighted (without realising so), for the last time I got IDed, I was 15. I sincerely hope my DIY pixie coif wasn't making me look spastic. Or should I cut back on the seemingly ineffective anti-aging cream?

No comments: