Thursday, March 20, 2003

Ever been to a protest before? I hadn't.

Until today.

It took an awful lot to drag a hermit like me out of her shell - ie. the actual start of the war. You may say isn't it a bit late to go to rallies now? Well I say NOW IS BETTER THAN NEVER.

Anti-war voices are no longer unheard. Thousands of pacifists and humanists from MIT, Tufts, Harvard, MassArt, Berkelee, BU and Simmons gathered today at Government Center. It felt great cos for six months, I've been the only person in my small circle of friends who strongly feels this war palava is unjustified. Marching along with 4000 people on Mass. Av across a Harvard Bridge closed to traffic, yelling slogans and making peace signs was a small release for all the dissatisfaction I've tucked away for months. For once, I like America. But I couldn't help wonder - why aren't ANY of my school friends here with me? Is it because I don't have enough friends? Or is it because I haven't been making friends with ppl who have a social conscience?
--------------------------------------

Best protest sign of the Day:

Ctrl-Z
Ctrl-Z
Ctrl-Z

Ctrl-Alt-Delete

MIT Nerds Against War

[by Georgi, my Structural Theory TA] > ~~Go Course IV!!!~~

No comments: