Friday, May 16, 2003

15 mins of me messing around on camera + 2 cans of red bull + a whole pack of Chips Ahoy Chewy Chocolate cookies + 1 m&m ice cream sandwich + 1 parmesan eggplant sub + 1 exacto blade + 3 pieces of tissue + 271 live-action images + 23 hours of editing (or 36 hours without sleep)

= a 3 min 41 second video for my final project.

The last 30 or so seconds took me 16 hours to make.
Why DO I do this to myself?!
am even more shocked that the class seemed to have liked my vid, cos when I told my mum about my idea, she was like,"errr..hmm." Prof's girlf's raved on and on, which made me really embarrassed, since my pieces never have much intellecual thought process behind them. so i "errmhmm...yes" in response.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------



Respect to Nina Yuen, a video classmate whose work is highly inspirational. We are both taking Joe Gibbon's* class for the second time. For me she is sort of a heroine-artist. Prof's girlf said she sees a parallel between our work; I am both surprised and very flattered by the comment. Nina's work constantly amazes me, and it's always a pleasure to watch. Her videos just overflow with lush colours and joy (even when the stories are bittersweet or a little tragic), verging on comedic ridiculousness.

* joe's filmography [1][2]

No comments: