Saturday, May 03, 2003

My first, and last, All-American prom experience:


Mike + Jen, Me + Bro, randomly seated with the Sixers

highs:

+ Haha. Got so many compliments on my dress it's enough to satisfy a lifetime's quota of vanity. highest thanks to Auntie Eugenie for giving me the bestest dress.
Comment from my bro's female friend, "Your sis looks beautiful! But why does she look so dorky at school?" Prooves the adage �H�a��� :P
+ Found out how big of a pimp my bro really is. He tried to teach me latin dance, with all the fancy swinging and spinning. Now I know why he gets all the girls.
+ Took a pic with my childhood crush ;D Finally fulfilled the goal from, hmm...when I was 10 and at the summer camp in Kent, UK.
He looked so shocked when he saw me! Guess he's never seen me polish up from my geek girl / nerdette self outside of school.
+ When my best mate Jenn showed up to the ball to everyone's surprise after "boycotting" the do for weeks
+ For the first time in college, I saw my freshmen yr roomate Joyce on the dance floor. You go girl!

lows:

- Bro of course went M.I.A. when they were playing all the cheesy tunes that I like to dance to.
- Jenn refused to come down from her high table of decorum and self-consciousness to boogy with Jen, Joyce et moi.
- Bro's brief stab at real-life My Fair Lady [or Pygmalion, depending on which side of the Atlantic you're on] / Taming the Shrew [ie. try to teach me how to latin dance] was a huge failure, given my stiff arms and shoulders (according to him *cough cough*), his vertically-challenged height and my innate malco-ordinated clumsy nature.
- Bro seemed to know more ppl at the Ball than me. *hmmmph* Guess I hide in my snail-shell too often.
- Got "inched" by Alison, a buddy from past video / studio classes. "You got a hot date there!" knowing that I brought my bro along :(((

pix pix pix:
[pardon the low res quality...nicked them from the photography company website as am ghetto and don't have a digital camera]

Jen!



Sarah, my DUSP / Mexico City fieldtrip comrade



All the ringcomm love we can give: "03 is OK!" ;D



Muahahahaha..... mum i think I might have found myself a rich husband *jkg*

No comments: