Monday, June 09, 2003

more happenances at the Imperial Capital:

1) Finally went clubbing here... and I learnt what I've been missing since I was 16. Fabric was SUPER. Apologies for those who couldn't avoid seeing me spazz along to drum 'n' bass like a maniac. [but I mean, when Rider, one half of Fabio & Grooverider, is spinning, it gets a bit hard to co-ordinate disjointed limbs....]
Time wooshed by in that HUGE maze of dark vaults. I've never ever danced till dawn in my entire life. Am glad did not go to uni in London, as would have been total financial + career + academic disaster.
MIT taught me how to work till daybreak, but London taught me how to party 24-7.
2) Been a true architectural geek and went structure sight-seeing as recommended by prof. Glossy pretty new buildings: Norman Foster's glass egg (aka the London City Hall) and the Great Court at the British Museum. According to prof, the Gt. Court's glass roof is custom made such that no two triangles are identical, and are shaped together such that the roof exerts no thrust on the surrounding historical buildings. *geeeeekdom galore* o.o
3) Walked around London Bridge City on a rare sunny afternoon; must have been 12 years since I last walked on Tower Bridge....
but it was my first visit to the Docklands. Seems like I discover some place new everytime I come to London =)

No comments: