Thursday, June 19, 2003

My dream life in Italia

Meet Claudio, the Non-Stereotypical Italian Stallion Flat/Team mate: so he's a cutey. In fact, a lanky 5'10" David Duchovny lookalike [the x file dude]. Who speak v. little english. So have been playing a mix of sign language, Pictionary and Spanish vocab pop quiz non-stop for the past 4 days. Too bad he's taken.
Other random things I've learnt about the non-stereotypical Italian Stallion: he is a trendster shoppaholic who can rival me! *gasp* and that he is in fact, just another slimey I.S. playa inspite of good looks. Nationality of women he's slept with: Italian, Irish, English, American, Spanish, Romanian, Argentinian...(and I thought my bro was bad) *cough cough*

other than that, things are moving along slowly, inspite of sleepless Air Con-less nights spent tossing and turning, and my inability to work out how to use my calling card. We've been filming LOTS of churches, for a short documentary about places that were important in Puccini's life. My recent church attendance would make my grandma proud.

More on Lucca - lovely small town 2 km in diameter, surrounded by a poplar-lined city wall. What you can call a "small sparrow with complete organs" in Chinese.


Lucca's famous city wall promenade; a bird's eye view of the city