Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Back in a cold, dark, windy, miserable Boston, [Wind chill -25'C!!!] 8 days away from Chinese New Year.
Looks like I'll be some hibernating reptile this month. Should have just stayed at home.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just before I came back, I....

1. Went to check out the HK Art Biennial at the HK Museum of Art. I was actually mighty impressed. HK Artists reprazentin' ;)

Amazing / fun things I saw:
- clothes and balls of rope made out of the thinnest white porcelain, by Tse Suk-ting.
- "Wayward", three life-size, wall-length colour portraits of the homeless in China by Wu Kin-Yat.
- mobile furniture made from those red-white-blue nylon bags that ah-mo's (obasans, or frumpy old grannies) and Philippino maids use when they pack tonnes and tonnes of stuff home, titled 移家家俬 [Moving house furniture = same sound as Ikea in Cantonese]
- dozens of giant mechanic dragonflies and fireflies made from laser cut MDF board, motors and LEDs, by Hsu Soong-Wei
- paintings of those really drab, old fashioned 祝君安好 hand towels (as seen in Chungking Express)
- giant cream cracker sandwich and wafer made out of respectively stained sofa padding and plywood boards

2. Walked my lil' doggie, Molly.

My my am I shocked. The Shihtzu that used to transform into a floormop whenever I took her on walks (being that she clawed to the ground and I had to drag the fluff ball), is now a very curious enthusiastic lil' doggie. She sniffed everywhere, trotted along on her cute but unproportionnate short legs and POOPED. Thinking I wouldn't be able to get her further than 10 feet away from the house, I didn't bring newspaper with me. A woman jogger witnessed my crime - not cleaning up after Molly - and yelled at me. I lied and said I forgot to bring newspaper :P

No comments: