Saturday, October 05, 2002

I was soooo mad this morning. To the point where I was tearing.

Got into a war of words with a fellow student, after reading his pro-war-on-Iraq column in the uni's newspaper.
Basically he was repeting the typical American "bellicose rhetoric" (as acurately described by Lib Dem party leader Charles Kennedy).
He said a lot of other things dismissing the whole Islamic culture and also the Muslim nations, which can be boiled down to, "We don't need to understand Islam, let's just bomb the shit out of these Third World proletarians."

I was at an utter loss of words. Seems like four years of tip-top education has been fruitless on this man. How can a student here come up with such insulting and irreverent words?

Then I found out the author is the nutty black loner rapper around campus who rhymes to himself. I'm not angry any more. There's just no point getting all worked up, trying to reason with a nutter radical who has no audience.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a lighter note, my mum told me that my lil' bro felt sick after having the breakfast that I cooked for him. :P
He felt like throwing up all morning, after I dropped him off at a family friend's house to take off for the airport.

The consolation: he didn't actually throw up. And he said the breakfast was quite good.
I'll just blame his indigestion on the butter overdose.

No comments: