Friday, October 11, 2002

Spent the cold, rainy afternoon oogling at glossy modern houses in glossy modern architecture magazines in the not-so-glossy but very Modernist architecture library. Learnt that students can take old issues tucked behind the 'secret' flipping magazine shelves. [my excuse for not knowing this for the past 4 years] Must exploit these resources, afterall my tuition => glossy modern architecture magazines, thus should take a small %age of my tuition back, instead of forking out more $$$ for glossy architecture magazines in some overpriced poseur book shop.

New object of desire:
a Microflat by Stuart Piercy & Richard Connor in London. Very chic yet afforable Tokyo-salary-men-style modular housing [note the oxymorons] in Hoxton at a mere 10, 000 - 15, 000 euros. I can either start saving up, or consult parents on potential purchase.
Upon 3 seconds of thoughtful consideration, the later option is preferred. I am a brat.
----------------------------------

The radiator hasn't stopped making banging noises since I switched it on three days ago. Inefficient facilities ppl haven't got round to it yet. I hope it won't explode on me, and cald me to bits of steamed cha siu. *ewww* But it is getting on my nerves. I couldn't go to sleep cos every hour or so, I have to switch the knob one way or another to stop it banging, for an hour. *Grrrr*

No comments: